Jun 15, 2010

My Life and Why He's Awesome :]

I have been promising to blog about Andy for a very long while now. Well, I am tired of making empty promises. The time has come.

Andy is an amazing person and a wonderful boyfriend. I know I complain about him a lot, but I wouldn't have him any other way. I love him more than anything. Which is pretty surprising considering how, when we met, I didn't even like him. I actually thought he was an arrogant asshole. But I am going to tell the story. And believe me, it's a funny story to tell. This is taken from my Myspace blog from last year. It just kind of tells how we met:

My roommate and I wanted to go outside and shoot basketball. I'm not very good at it, but it's something that relieves stress and something that I love to do. We also had another friend, who we met while wandering around campus orientation weekend, who was going to shoot around with us. So there we were, vividly engrossed in our game of horse when I notice this older-looking guy walking toward the basketball courts. He had a basketball, and appeared to be an upperclassmen, so my first thought was "Great, I hope he doesn't think we are going to give up the court for him just because we are freshmen." Well, he ended up joining our game of horse and proceeded to completely own everyone else playing. Lucky me, the one who has never played basketball before gets to go after the basketball player. =/ Anyway, the entire time he played all he did was make fun of the way I played, the movies I had and hadn't seen, and pretty much anything else that came up in conversation. All the while, I am thinking, "wow, how can this guy be such an asshole?" A little later, the other guy we were with had to leave, and it was just me, Andy and my roommate. We were just standing around talking about high school, movies, music, pretty much anything, and Andy was still sliding in insulting remarks about me wherever he could fit them. Finally, I was able to find a movie that I had seen that he never had, Nothing to Lose. My roommate happened to have that movie in our room, so, I don't know if you would call it spite, or fate, or whatever, I invited Andy up to watch the movie. (Let it be known, that at this point in time, I wasn't even interested enough to remember his name. I seriously had to keep glancing at his ID to remember it...pathetic, I know.) Anyway, we watched the movie and then parted ways afterward, with the plans to meet up at the same time the next day, for basketball.

Well, the next day, after classes and whatnot, it was collectively decided by my roommate and I that we should do our laundry. Because of the lack of available machines, our laundry time ran over into "basketball time," and we ended up not being able to meet Andy for basketball, and my roommate and I were going to a Greek cookout (free food), so I invited Andy along. To make a long story short(er), I ended up helping him with his laundry and afterwards we got coffee and went down to the lake to talk. Somehow, we ended up talking about absolutely everything and pretty much anything and stayed out until 3am. (I later realized that the only one who was negatively affected by this was me. He didn't have class until 2. Lucky bastard.) Things after that are a bit fuzzy, but thats how it all started. Oh, and obviously the asshole first impression was some sort of ploy that I still don't understand. Apparently, all guys stand by the whole "Nice guys finish last" thing. oh well. It worked out for the best because I am now much happer than I have ever been with any other person.

Every bit of that still stands true today. I mean, yeah, we fight, like any normal couple. But I can't stay mad at him. All he has to do is smile at me and all of my anger is gone. (He doesn't know that...yet...) It's hard to be away from him, even for a summer. But I know it's going to be okay. :] I wish I could do him more justice than this post; he really is amazing.

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a good story!!

    Just discovered your blog by a blog hop and I love it! I'm your newest follower!!
    Mine www.nycislandgal.com
    Hope you like it and follow me too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete